Shiatsu was introduced to Canada from Japan in 1971. The federation was founded in 2011 to unite associations across Canada in advancing Shiatsu therapy as a healing therapy.
It exists to represent all styles of professional Shiatsu, united by a common purpose to relieve suffering and to promote optimal mind/body health and well-being in our society.
- To promote the ongoing development of professional education and of standards of practice.
- To promote the ongoing research into the effectiveness and benefits of Shiatsu.
- To promote educational/research, practical and social exchange between Shiatsu professionals across Canada.
- To establish good working relationships with other organisations that share these or other compatible objectives.
- The members of the SFC are Professional Shiatsu Associations which subscribe to the above aims